Outlook Express set up:
If you know how to set up a new news server in Outlook Express set up for Securenntp access is easy. Simply set up the alibis.com news server addresses in Outlook Express
like you normally would, only add sn- before each server address. For example:
sn-images-west.alibis.com . That is all you need to do. Make sure you are connected
to our secure tunneling servers with our secure
launcher program first, then connect
with Outlook Express to the servers you want and download away. If you don't know how
to set up a new news server address in Outlook Express then follow the instructions
1. Open Outlook Express.
2. Click on "Tools" in the command bar.
3. In the drop down box click on "accounts".
4. In the panel click the "news" tab.
5. Click on the "add" button.
6. In the pop up click on "news".
7. In the pop up where it says display name type in what you want to appear in
any messages you send as your name, for example John Smith. It is best to use
a fake name. Then click Next.
8. In the email address box it is best to type in a fake email address, email@example.com for
example. Click Next.
9. This next box is important, where it asks for news server name type in sn- "followed
by one of the alibis.com or budgetnews.com server addresses for example:
sn-images-west.alibis.com or sn-binaries-east.alibis.com . You must have the sn-
in front of the server name, this is what tells Outlook to connect to the server
using one of our secure tunneling newsgroup encryption servers. Check the box that
says " My news server requires me to logon" . Click the Next button.
10. In this next panel where it says "account name" type in your alibis.com or
budgetnews.com user name. Your Securenntp.com user name may possibly be different
so make sure you are typing in your alibis.com or budgetnews.com user name. In
the password from your alibis.com or budgetnews.com membership in the password
box. Check the remember password box if you wish Outlook Express to hold that
information for you. Do Not Check the bottom box that says
"logon using secure password authentication". Click Next.
11. On the next panel click "Finish".
12. When the panel closes click "close" on the Internet Accounts panel.
13. A box will pop up asking you if you wish to download the list of newsgroups
from this new server. Before downloading the newsgroup list you must be
connected to our Securennpt.com tunnel-east and tunnel-west
servers using the secure launcher program
before you can download
anything so make sure your secure launcher program is installed and connected.
14. Follow steps 1 through 13 for each of the alibis.com / budgetnews.com servers
you wish to set up in Outlook Express.
15. If you have any problems or questions please feel free to contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Click Here to return to the software set up page.